V6 0.15mm High Precision Nozzles
WARNING: This nozzle has been engineered to be as user friendly as possible, however, in order to obtain the best prints possible, here are a few recommended settings.
- V6.1 block, V6 heatbreak and V6 heatsink with fan
- Powerful part cooling fan. We recommend using a ring type fan duct like this one.
- E3D V6.1 sock, if you do not have a V6.1, you can upgrade your V6 with this.
- Heated bed capable of at least 100°C
- Light coat of UHU for initial layer bed adhesion
Although a belt system using 1.8°/step Nema17 motors does produce acceptable results, artefacts from microstepping become quite visible at this scale. We recommend using or updating your printer to use 0.9°/step Nema17 motors.
Using a geared extruder is essential. We find that a 3:1 gear ratio works perfectly. Our Titan extruder worked admirably.
- MG94 ABS (recommend natural, available here in 1.75mm or 2.85mm)
- PC-ABS (available here in 1.75mm or 2.85mm)
This printing method uses hardly any plastic due to the small size of the prints, it therefore makes sense to buy good quality plastics. We also recommend using a filament cleaner and to use dry filament, or to dry your filament before using it.
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.15mm
- Extrusion Multiplier: 1.00
- Extrusion Width: 0.18mm
- Layer Height: 0.0800mm
- Retraction Distance: 1.00mm
- Extra Retraction Distance: 0.00mm
- Retraction Vertical Lift: 0.00mm (important to reduce vibration and vertical stringing)
- Retraction Speed: 30.0mm.s-1
- No Coasting
- No Wiping
- 3 layers top, bottom and sides printed inside out
- First Layer Height: 160%
- First Layer Width: 120%
- First Layer Speed: 50%
- Triangular Infill (0, 60, -60)
- Interior Fill Percentage: 25%
- Outline Overlap: 15%
- Infill Extrusion Width: 100%
- Minimum Infill Length: 5.00mm (can be less due to the good bridging capabilities)
- Print sparse infill every layer
Support (if required)
- Support Infill Percentage: 30%
- No extra inflation distance
- No dense support layers
- Support every layer
- Horizontal Offset From Part: 0.30mm
- Upper Vertical Separation: 1 layer
- Lower Vertical Separation: 1 layer
- Max Overhang: 45 deg
- Default Printing Speed: 30.0mm.s-1
- Outline Underspeed: 75%
- Solid Infill Underspeed: 80%
- Support Structure Underspeed: 80%
- X/Y Axis Speed: 80mm.s-1
- Z Axis Speed: 16.7mm.s-1