Cyclops/Chimera on RoBo3D
for up to date and improved documentation
Download the files for adding the Chimera or Cyclops to the RoBo3D printer here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:671881
2 part fans are not required but it doesn't hurt anything to include
1) Assemble the Cyclops or Chimera following the instructions on the main Wiki Page
2) Print 1 of each of the parts from the thingiverse page
3) Remove the LM8UU bearings from the existing carriage and press them in using a bearing press, a bench vice, or a C-clamp
4) Insert the X endstop screw into the available hole
5) Secure the Cyclops/Chimera to the carriage using the supplied mounting screws
6) Run the fan, thermistor wire(s), and heater wire(s) through the open slot in the carriage
7) Carefully insert the fan holder allowing the heater, fan, and thermistor wires to run up the center of the holder. Use 2 M3x13mm screws and 2 M3 nuts to secure the fan shroud to the carriage.
8) Secure the Fan shroud and 40mm Parts fan to the Fan Holder running the fan wires through the slot.
9) Insert the carriage onto the X axis and reattach the timing belt using Zip ties.
Major firmware revisions include:
1) Defining the board type as number 34 from 33
2) Defining the number of extruders as 2 from 1
3) Defining Temp_Sensor_0 and 1 to type 5 from 1 and 0
1) Suggested Kp, Ki, and kd to 20.49, 1.07, 97.71 from 22.2, 1.08, and 114 Note: These values should be calculated for yourself
2) Uncomment Extruder_Offset_X and Y and set to all 0's
3) Define Temp_1_Pin to 13 from 15
1) Suggested Kp, Ki, and Kd to 25.21, 2.47, 64.43 from 22.2, 1.08, and 114 Note: These values should be calculated for yourself
2) Uncomment Extruder_Offset_X and Y and set Y distance to 18.0. Depends on which extruder is defined as 1
Autolevel with 5/16" Rods: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvxn2nxo2pz6e20/Robo_Chimera_Cyclops_5_16.rar?dl=0
Autolevel with M8 Rods: https://www.dropbox.com/s/095jq9htxl21479/Robo_Chimera_Cyclops_M8.rar?dl=0